News: Haunted Hayride - Scenes & Volunteers Needed
|10/12/2022 12:00:00 AM
Do you love Halloween? Come be part of the excitement at the Wells Recreation Annual Haunted Hayride! Get your friends, family and/or co-workers together and create a spooky scene. Each year we have 10-15 scenes along our Hayride.
How to do a scene:
* Download the Freaky Form to reserve your scene area and submit it to Jen Frasier by October 1st.
* Choose a theme based on the Wells Rec theme for the year. Each scene should have a short (approx 1 min) story line/theme. Decorations, lights and haunters should all follow along with this story line/theme.
* Gather friends and family to help you build your set and become your Haunters for the night.
Things to know:
* All volunteers must check in at the Rec Office upon arrival the day of the event and pick up your appreciation t-shirt!
* Mandatory Meeting at 3:00pm for all volunteers at the Pavilion.
* Snacks will be available in the pavilion throughout set up. We will have lunch at the Volunteer Meeting. Please bring your own snacks and hot beverages for your scene for the evening. We will provide water bottles for each scene.
* First Aid Kits are located at the Concession Stand, Golf Cart, Gator and Main Office.
* Minimum of a 1:10 ratio of Adults to Children (anyone under 18). Scene Representatives are responsible for all volunteers at their scene.
* All Haunters must be dressed in full costume. A mask & sweatshirt do not qualify as a full costume.
* Set up Friday 9am-8pm and Saturday 9am-2:30pm. Set up must be finished by 2:30pm on Saturday.
* You may drive your vehicle to your site to unload sets and supplies. If your scene is near the Blue Trail then you may park your vehicle there for the evening as long as it is hidden from the hayride visibility. DO NOT leave your vehicle at your site unless it is part of your scene. All volunteer vehicles that are not part of a scene or hidden on the blue trail should be parked in the designated volunteer parking area.
* The Hayride trail is a ONE WAY loop starting at the pavilion and ending at the playground.
* Be sure that you have efficient lighting on your scene. Scenes are less scary if your creepy decorations can’t be seen! You must provide your own lighting and extension cords. We have a limited number of generators available so please provide your own or request to use a generator on your Freaky Form.
* You must supply your own props. No REAL props (i.e. blood, knives, etc.). No Chainsaws for anyone under 21. Make sure all your belongings are labeled so that we can return them to you if anything gets left behind.