In addition to teaching the sport of Wrestling to elementary level students, this program serves as a much needed “feeder program” to the already successful Junior High and High School programs. The coaches will teach basic setups, takedowns, escapes, and pinning combinations. Above all things learned, students will know and display sportsmanship, discipline, and mutual respect.
Fee: $75 per wrestler. Sibling discount $10 per additional wrestler - discount applied at checkout.
Practice attire: shorts, t-shirts, sweatpants and/or sweatshirt with comfortable sneakers or wrestling shoes. Wrestling shoes are strongly recommended as normal sneakers typically come off during matches.
Tournaments: Tournaments will be posted as soon as information is available. Tournaments are typically held the end of January-end of March.
* There will be approximately 8-10 tournaments.
* Additional fees apply for each tournament. Entry fees typically range $20.00-$35.00 each with some advance tournaments that range from $35.00-$90.00. These advance tournaments are not intended for all wrestlers. Please see coaches for details.
* These tournaments will entail some travel. Parents are responsible for transportation.
* Different tournaments will have different registration requirements.
* All tournaments will have a registration deadline. Please pay attention to Registration Deadlines! Some tournaments have early registration deadlines.
* In order to register for Tournaments as a Wells Youth Wrestler, wrestlers MUST be enrolled in Youth Wrestling K-5 or Jr High Wrestlers.