News: Now Hiring: Maintenance Staff
|3/3/2022 12:00:00 AM
Part-time Seasonal Custodian
We are currently seeking a reliable and dedicated Custodian to maintain our facilities. We take great pride in the external and internal appearance of our facilities and see it as a reflection of our business, so we expect our Custodian to take the same pride in their work. Our ideal candidate is careful and thorough, cleaning and tidying the premises with great care and an eye for detail. We prefer applicants who have some professional custodial experience, but we are willing to train the right person.
This position reports to the Parks & Recreation Facility Manager and works both independently and as part of a team. 10-15 hours per week during the school year. Schedule is flexible – can be early mornings prior to 7am or evenings after 5:30pm.
Wages based on experience.
Custodian Duties and Responsibilities
• Taking out the trash, tidying, rearranging furniture, and wiping surfaces as needed
• Sweeping and mopping of floors, as well as vacuuming carpets
• Daily cleaning and sanitizing of all bathroom facilities, including toilets, sinks, showers, and mirrors
• Restock necessary items, such as soap and paper products
• General outdoor services and maintenance, such as sweeping entry areas, cleaning glass doors at entrances, snow removal around walkways and salting.
• Lockdown facilities at the end of the day, including locking doors, closing windows, and setting the alarm
Custodian Requirements and Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Some professional work experience as custodian, janitor, or a similar role a plus
• Comfortable with basic landscaping and maintenance tasks
• Detail-oriented and conscientiousness
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Applications are available at the Wells Recreation website: www.wellsrec.org, or at the Wells Recreation Office at 412 Branch Road, Wells, ME 04090. Completed Applications are required and may be mailed to Wells Recreation, 208 Sanford Road, Wells, ME 04090, emailed to email@example.com or hand-delivered to Tina LeBlanc at the Wells Recreation Office. FMI call 207-646-5826
Equal Opportunity Employer